Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Present for Lou!


This is a pillow that I made for my boyfriends mother, Mary Lou. We both love to sew and do all things crafty so I am sure she will appreciate this. 
What's special about this pillow is that is was started as a bag in a class that we both took together and for the past year we have been saying that we need to get together and finish it. I decided that instead of making a bag I would never use; I would make a pillow.
I added some buttons because some the seams looked awkward. I thought that this was an element that worked as it grounded the pattern. 
I tried to stick to a natural color scheme - I think I'm always doing this. I feel safe with these combinations for now.

All in all, I am happy with this as a gift for Mary Lou, I think it's a nice sentiment as it is something completed that we had started together. We have a great friendship and we enjoy to do many of the same things - crafting is just one of them. 



1 comment:

K. said...

I love this! So pretty, I wish I was crafty like you Mo! Miss you xo