Thursday, July 9, 2009

I've started my camp through New Minas recreation and my numbers are great! I have 22 kids this week - including one that leaves every morning as he is homesick -  it's been a great success.

I'm really happy with the turn-out. Last week we screen printed T-Shirts and they were lovely. The kids got a kick out of the process and each of them took a turn to print.

It's been a busy summer thus far. I had two job interviews last week and I am happy to say I will be back at Horton High in Sept teaching high school art. The school is amazing, the staff is great and the art room is more you could ever ask for - I feel very lucky. It's only 50% but I am thinking I'll use the other time to finish up a course I need to work on and perhaps work on a portfolio for a masters program. I am torn between a masters of fine arts and a masters of education. If I did the MFA, it would for sure be in jewelery. I miss it soo much.

Finally, after weeks of cloud and rain, we have nice weather today! Thank goodness!



No comments: